I’m not sure what took me so long, but I finally got around to registering for the Boston Marathon today! I suppose nothing will beat a case of the Mondays quite like registering for Boston.
I’m ridiculously excited about Boston because:
- It took me three marathons to qualify…so it was something I had to work for. (Although I realize that it may take some people much longer…if ever. I appreciate the fact that it took me three to qualify.)
- I love even numbers…so with the 2010 Boston Marathon being the 114th running of it, it’s the perfect race for me!
- I really want a Boston Marathon jacket. I will spend the $130 or whatever ridiculous price it is to get one. The fact that it will have “2010” and “114” on it are nice touches.
- Some of my good friends from college live in Boston…so it’s a good reason to go visit them!
- It’s Boston. Do I really need a reason to be excited?
Yay! I’m waiting for my official confirmation, and then I’ll be all set. I just hope that the Rocket Scientist will qualify at the Philadelphia Marathon in twenty days! Start crossing your fingers now.