Finally in for Boston!

image

I’m not sure what took me so long, but I finally got around to registering for the Boston Marathon today!  I suppose nothing will beat a case of the Mondays quite like registering for Boston.  :)

I’m ridiculously excited about Boston because:

1. It took me three marathons to qualify…so it was something I had to work for.  (Although I realize that it may take some people much longer…if ever.  I appreciate the fact that it took me three to qualify.)
  2. I love even numbers…so with the 2010 Boston Marathon being the 114th running of it, it’s the perfect race for me!
  3. I really want a Boston Marathon jacket.  I will spend the $130 or whatever ridiculous price it is to get one.  The fact that it will have “2010” and “114” on it are nice touches.  :)
  4. Some of my good friends from college live in Boston…so it’s a good reason to go visit them!
  5. It’s Boston.  Do I really need a reason to be excited?

Yay!  I’m waiting for my official confirmation, and then I’ll be all set.  I just hope that the Rocket Scientist will qualify at the Philadelphia Marathon in twenty days!  Start crossing your fingers now.  :)

Comments

Congrats on qualifying for Boston!! How exciting!!!! I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed that your Rocket Scientist qualifies too!!!

congrats :) i can see what you mean about it being extra special because it took 3 to do it!

i’m at a frustrating place where i’m not THAAAAAT far from qualifying, but i’m not that close, either (PR 3:53). i feel like my body doesn’t seem to be able to handle the training to get fast enough without getting hurt. maybe someday something magical will happen though and i’ll be able to do it! until then i’ll have to live vicariously through you :)

This is so exciting! I can’t wait to hear your race day report. Yeah, it’s a long way off, but I am excited to read your perspective on it!

Woot Boston! I haven’t been up there since 2003 and definitely need to go back! It’s great that you have friends up there, definitely a good reason to visit! Maybe I’ll get back up there when I qualify when I’m 70.

Yay! Congratulations! That is really great news. It’ll definitely give you something to look forward to in the spring!

I’m so excited for you going to Boston! I hope maybe one day I can be there too. Though it may be when I’m 40! Ha. Also loving the new blog layout. So fancy!